Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dear sewing, I miss you.

We had a ridiculously horrid rehearsal last night. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to be excited about our first full dress rehearsal tonight.

I didn't have my wig on yesterday and I was already sweating buckets. One girl in the chorus was drunk and fell down the last couple of stairs in her 4" platform heels (don't worry, I think being drunk kept her relaxed so she wasn't hurt). I thought I had a quick change and raced to get into what I thought was my next costume holding up the scene by 4 minutes when really, all I had to do was put a coat on over what I was already wearing. These were the most memorable mishaps of the evening, but believe me when I say that there were many many many more. Many.

I know I'm supposed to be having fun, and I'm sure I will. I'm hoping that tonight's rehearsal will surprise me and things will start falling into place a little more.

As for sewing. I took the week of the run off work, so I will have all of my days free to finish up some UFO's, and hopefully start something new. In the past, I've made a dress for the cast party, but I think this year, I might get another wear out of the red vogue I've already worn to a couple of weddings. It's a great dress, and I won't get a lot of opportunities to wear it again this summer.

UFO's I need to get finished:
1. Navy and white 80's dress. I'm at the stage where I'm attaching the lining to the zipper and hemming it, but after a try-on, even though it's a woven, I don't need the zip, and the lining shows at the sleeves, so I'm going to cut it out, go with facings and wear a slip. I'm also going to make a little tie belt for it, and hopefully find a bright red, orange or yellow skinny belt to wear with it in the future.

2. Bikini remake: I'm copying my favourite bathing suit. I took it apart and have had it underway for a long time. I got scared I was going to fail after installing some elastic for the fourth time and was easily lured away by other projects. I'm going to adopt a new fearless attitude and try to get more of it done. There's a lot of new skills to learn on this one.

3. I started a pair of pants. After the first try-on of said pants, there were issues with fitting in the waist. I think I can make them work. We'll see if I have the patience.


New projects:

1. Vintage shirtdress. I have the pattern. I have the fabric. I'd love to have the time to do a post about them. Stay tuned.

2. Summer tops.

3. Summer shorts

Hopefully in the next week, I can report on some progress with my ufo's.


No comments:

Post a Comment